Starbrite Liquid Rubbing Compound Heavy & Medium
Star Brite Liquid Rubbing Compound Heavy & Medium Oxidation
This Liquid formula rubbing compound restores shine and colour by removing chalk and oxidation.
Available in two strengths:
- Medium – For Medium Oxidation
- Heavy – For Heavy Oxidation
- Removes stains, medium oxidation and scratches
- For fibreglass, metal and painted surfaces.
- Convenient liquid formula.
- Great for hand or buffer application.
- Does not set up like most rubbing compounds so removal is quick and easy.
- We recommend using Premium Marine Polish with PTEF (part# 85716) as the perfect follow up to maintain the restored finish.
Directions for use:
- Wash surface with Star brite Boat Wash to remove dirt and grime.
- Apply small amount of Star brite Liquid Rubbing Compound to surface with a clean, dry cloth.
- Rub in a circular, overlapping motion with firm pressure while compound is wet; rotating application cloth frequently to prevent reapplication of removed oxidation.
- Let dry until a haze appears and then buff with another clean, dry cloth.
- Do a small area at a time to ensure uniform cleaning.
- Several applications may be necessary to totally restore finish.
- If using an electric buffer, take care not to apply too much pressure which can burn the surface.
- After original colour and lustre have been restored, it is recommended that the surface be sealed and shined with a Star Brite polish.
NOTE: All rubbing compounds are abrasive and can scratch gelcoat, metal and painted surfaces – we suggest you first try Star Brite Fibreglass Colour Restorer & Sealer before using a rubbing compound. These products are much less abrasive and can usually restore moderately oxidized surfaces to a like new condition.